Ours is a child-friendly city, we love ’em! However, what’s a vacation without specific things for kids to do in Tel Aviv? Here is a list that may come in handy when all else fails…. enjoy!
Things for Kids to do in Tel Aviv
- Full of hot air? Take the opportunity to really puff up! Hot balloon rides by TLV Balloon at Rokach BLVD, Yarkon Park. Rides are available most of the year although subject to weather conditions
- Love the water? Take a turn on the water slides or a splash in the pools of Meymadion Water Park . Situated on Rokach BLVD Yarkon Park this fun place is open all week long in the peak summer months.
- Want more ice than in a popsicle? Try the ice skating rink aptly named iSkate at 101, Rokach BLVD (Gate 8 entrance) Tel Aviv Convention Center.
- We all need to be amused and where better than our Amusement Park in Tel Aviv. Called The Luna Park this is suitable for most ages. Featuring some truly unique rides & a few of the traditional ones too! 101, Rokach BLVD, Tel Aviv Convention Center.
- Like birds of the feathered kind? We have the largest bird park in the region. Called Zapari this is a fascinating collection of our colorful & compelling winged friends. Rokach BLVD, Yarkon Park
- If you wish to captain a vehicle on the river, there are pedal boats, rowing boats & motor boats for hire. At Lake HaYarkon, Ganei Yehoshua, you can rent from Parkfun.
- Feel like jumping – don’t do it! There is a Trampoline Park where your kids can enjoy a traditional trampoline bounce or for the bigger & braver bungee trampolines ! 42, Rokach BLVD, Yarkon Park
- Ever feel like you are climbing walls? Now your offspring can experience it for real! Let them try the largest & highest wall in the city, the Olympus Climbing Wall at 42, Rokach BLVD, Yarkon Park
- Missing active sports? Your kids can participate in soccer, basketball & baseball. Or, use the tennis courts, the rollerblade run or fitness area at 42, Rokach BLVD, Yarkon Park
- Feel like a champion of parents ? Take the family to The Olympic Experience This is a unique interactive journey which encompasses the spirit of the Olympic Games. 6, Shitrit Street.
- Like to be up high? There is an Amusement Park located on the roof of the Azrieli Center. Called The Island this facility by IslandPark incorporates a number of interesting challenges for your young ones.
- Sarona (shopping mall) offers an outdoor play area complete with climbing frames and other child-friendly equipment. There are also weekly performances for the kids, who may even like the bands playing music for the adult audience.
- HaTachana, the old Tel Aviv railway station, has historical value in the buildings & the old railway carriages. But to really stimulate the children this center offers weekly events. This includes virtual time travel created by a 3D video , hologram & other special effects.
- Old Jaffa Visitor’s Center in Kdumim Square, will help you and yours experience 5000 years of history. You can observe important archeological discoveries & meet the key characters who feature in the stories of Jaffa. A learning curve for all the family.
- There are various museums suitable for children. In my opinion, the most interesting for all ages is the Erez Israel Museum in Ramat Aviv. Covering Folklore, archaeology, Judaica, traditional arts & crafts, cultural history, it has something for all ages. There is a really cool shop too.. Free admission for under 18’s.